Billigence provide professional services to clients in the retail industry as a strategic and trusted advisor across the remits of data strategy, using best in class tools for data preparation, advanced analytics and data visualisation. Our consultants have deep expertise in data automation, data warehousing, visualisation and data science, built from offering best practice guidance to our range of trusted clients.
The retail industry faces challenges, as the ever-changing consumer landscape brings with it a great need to understand the customer and their purchasing habits. FMCG companies also often operates on small margins, requiring large volumes with high supply-chain risks. Business intelligence solutions can give retailers a competitive advantage, as it set in place systems to gain valuable insight into areas in need of improvement and optimise the customer experience.
For retail clients, we have delivered projects surrounding improved data visibility, supply chain management analytics, reporting and customer insights. Some of the major challenges we can help retail companies with include the following:
- Supply chain analytics
- Shift towards digital sales, providing optimal customer experience and personalisation
- Understanding customer base, demographics and purchasing habits
- Optimising in-store experience (placement of products, efficient store layout, analysing competition and where best to place a new store based on demographic and geographic analytics).
- Supplier analytics/analysis, developing range-decisioning process and metrics tool (maximisation of revenue per square ft, identification of slow-moving products)
- Retail location staffing (understanding flow of customers)
- Facility management and predictive maintenance
- Demand forecasting
- Optimising online experience – providing customers with the most seamless and optimised experience
- New revenue streams through providing related services from different verticals (financial services and insurance, hotels, fuel rewards)
We have the skills, expertise and personnel required to help retail companies to improve their data processes. Please get in contact to find out how we can help.