Billigence is Committed to CSR
Table of Contents
As a global employer, we understand that companies play an important role in supporting the economic and mental wellbeing of its employees plus the wider communities in which they operate. This is especially relevant during times of crisis, such as the one we are currently experiencing with the advent of the global COVID pandemic. Whether you are an existing customer of Billigence or are a potential client looking to find about more about our commitment to social responsibility, we hope you enjoy reading this strategy and finding out more about Billigence and our passion for supporting local communities
Billigence understands that it can play an important role in contributing towards local communities and to wider society. As such, as we expand our business, we do it through the principles of inclusion, cultural diversity, and sustainability.
This Strategy sets out how we continually live and demonstrate these principles through five main avenues:
1. Investments in our people
2. Responsibility to our customers
3. Responsibility to suppliers
4. Environmentally sustainable operations
5. Commitment to local communities and wider society
Opportunities for young people
Billigence have developed a Global Professional Development Framework which aims to help young graduates develop their skills, experience, and confidence within the workplace. We have an active recruitment drive for young graduates globally.
We are passionate about sports and active recreation and support several local schemes designed to empower young people. We are a key sponsor of the Triathlon NSW Junior Academy, NSW Tri Pathway Championships (series of races for 12–23-year-olds to become active in triathlon with options to elite pathway) and Go-Series which provides programs for children aged 5-15 to become active in sport. We are also involved with local community NGO, Tri-Focus, with whom we provide coaching support for young people to train for triathlons.
These schemes provide important diversionary activities for young people which are proven to help build confidence, self-independence, and other skills crucial to their development and entry to the workplace.
Empowering the future of female IT leaders
As part of our commitment to social responsibility, we sponsor several schemes aimed at boosting the confidence and expertise of girls and women within technology. This includes schemes such as ‘Data Girls’ (CZ)’ which helps women, girls and children to explore the world of information technology. We also host a quarterly Women’s Lunch event with female leaders and team members from our client-base. Through this we share leadership expertise and boost confidence and empowerment amongst women within the field of technology and IT.
The Prague Orbit
We are a key participant and donor to charities and perennially donate to different charitable organisations. We also host a yearly charity cycling tour called The Prague Orbit, in which we connect people who are enthusiastic about bike riding and support a charity together. In 2019, we raised €4400 for the for the Association of Parents and Friends of the “DAR” Center, who help support parents from local income backgrounds who’s children have physical or mental disabilities in the Czech Republic.
Since 2019 we also sponsor Triathlon NSW to support all children and young adults’ academies & races to support their self-confidence, physical and mental health. CEO Jana Kapr and CTO Michael Kapr are both avid triathlon enthusiasts, with Jana actively involved in triathlon development coaching and mentoring. Some of the initiatives Billigence have sponsored include:
- Go Series – for kids 5-15 years to have a go at triathlon
- Triathlon NSW – we sponsor annually – Billigence Talent ID Academy for any high-school kids who want to have a go at triathlon
- Triathlon NSW and ACT – we sponsor the Billigence Pathway Championship Series for Youth, Junior and U23 athletes -with over 120 kids at each race last year
- Australian Institute of Sport – We donate our time to do analysis of performance data to help to identify future Olympians (we use Tableau/Python/Snowflake to analyse data sources like races, Strava, training peaks, etc)
- Purchasing state of art timing equipment to have better recording of times for all 3 disciplines and different formats
Jana’s vision is to roll out similar programs through-out Australia and to different sports, also sponsoring athletes from disadvantages backgrounds – with bikes & helmets, covering costs of camps and other expenses.
“I believe keeping our young population happy and healthy throughout the sport of any kind, keeps them mentally and physically healthly and gives them good discipline to tackle anything in their future life.”
Dreams For Life
Dreams for Life is a not-for-profit organisation that supports young, vulnerable children living in poverty by providing access to quality childhood education programs. The initiative currently helps educate children in Indonesia, with a goal to support closing the global education gap. The Dreams for Life Team understand that the formative early years of a child’s life is critical for cognitive, social, emotional and physical development.
Billigence is a proud corporate sponsor of the charity, with our CEO Jana Kapr on the charity board. Dreams for Life is currently fundraising to provide 1,000 early childhood aged children with an education in 2020. If you are interested in donating, please visit the link below.
Ethical and environmental sustainable manufacturers and suppliers
Our de-facto policy is to use local suppliers for consumables where possible.
Billigence promotes environmentally sustainable behaviours throughout its worldwide offices and business activities, including:
- Adopting a digital-first strategy – this includes reducing our air and road travel and subsequent carbon footprint by choosing virtual meetings as our first choice of communication.
- Mandating that public transport is our primary means of travel.
- Minimisation of waste – including use single-use plastics, for example by providing staff with reusable cups and kitchenware.
- Being paperless, and printing on an exception-only basis.
- Working with our clients to help design the most efficient solutions architecture and minimising energy waste where possible.
Through these commitments we aim to make a positive impact to our staff members, clients and the wider community.