Jana thrives on collaboration, going the extra mile and is known to deliver beyond expectations. She is passionate, committed and easy to work with as she excels in managing and leading complex projects. In her spare time she loves to compete in triathlon, snowboard and cross country ski.
Growing up in the Czech Republic, she completed a Masters Degree in Engineering at the Czech Technical University in Prague. She continued her education at the University of California Irvine and in Australia with an MBA Graduate Diploma in Economics, Law and Finance at Deakin University.
Her career took a leap forward as she took on a Senior Consultant role at Logica, whereshe delivered Energy and Utilities projects in Europe, US and Australia.
In 2001, she commenced 9 successful years at Vodafone Australia, working her way up to Head of Marketing Planning. During this time she has delivered major projects and programs with global companies such as Apple, Google and HTC. Her expertise in integrated business plans, cross-segment product roadmaps and designing strategic processes has led to receiving Vodafone Hero and most prestigious employee excellence awards.
Jana talks about:
- Growing up in a little town near Prague, being very active in sport
- Being inspired by her mum and dad to study engineering
- Having the opportunity to work on real-life technology problems while studying
- Knowing Czech Republic was too small for her and the desire to travel.
- How Logica offering her a role as a graduate to work in England, Netherlands and then in Sydney, shaped her leadership style.
- The differences in the leadership style between Logica and Vodafone.
- How the former CEO’s of Vodafone Australia, Grahame Maher and Russell Hewitt had major impacts on her career and leadership style.
- Managing the launch of the first Apple and Google phone plans.
- Juggling having her son Martin while continuing to grow as a Senior Manager at Vodafone.
- The tough decision to leave when Vodafone merged with Hutchinson,
- Why starting Billigence, with her husband, was her best career decision
- Getting the feedback that she was a dictator by her team as a young manager.
- The importance of reflection being authentic and making leadership your own.
- The Purpose of Billigence, which involves delivering insights information to the fingerprints of the end users
- Synergistic learning from their customers and clients
- Managing stress levels, mental health, travel, family and juggling everything is the biggest challenge
- How she wouldn’t be able to do her job without being active and doing sport.
- Billigence sponsoring a kids triathlon program called Go series, in Sydney
- Why Billigence sponsors their employees to do Parkruns.
- Prague Orbit project which fundraises money for families with disabled children
- Going on her first girls trip to Bhutan before Christmas.